HIV

My uncle has HIV and he now has pneumonia. Does this now mean he is closer to having AIDS or does this probably mean he has it?

Response from Dr. Conway

There are many kinds of pneumonia, and only certain ones are specific to AIDS. If he has one of this type (such as PCP), he is now diagnosed with AIDS. If not, it may well have nothing to do with his HIV infection or its progession.

B12
effect of combination of valtrex plus the anti depressant plus alcohol, does it affect the result. I am so sorry Dr, i forgot to include the valtrex and now i am scared about it. Please answer. I feel like my nerve which connects the brain is breaking.