Jul 21, 2007
My uncle has HIV and he now has pneumonia. Does this now mean he is closer to having AIDS or does this probably mean he has it?
Response from Dr. Conway
There are many kinds of pneumonia, and only certain ones are specific to AIDS. If he has one of this type (such as PCP), he is now diagnosed with AIDS. If not, it may well have nothing to do with his HIV infection or its progession.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Symptoms Of Herpes On The Lips
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.