B12

Hi Dr Brian. Would B12 relieve HIV related peripheral neuropathy? I tested negative 4mths after exposure and I am having burning sensations on arm and feet. I am on 200mcg 3 times daily and it has greatly reduced the burning. Would b12 work if the burning were due to HIV? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Conway

There is a specific neuropathy that is due to B12 deficiency and that responds well to the lack of this vitamin being replaced. If your condition is responding to this treatment, it may well be that this is what you have. This has absolutely nothing to do with HIV infection and the neuropathies that may be associated with it or its treatments.

hoax or breakthrough?
HIV