Jul 20, 2007
My parotid glands were swollen for the first time 10 years ago. After that they are swollen in one night and get back again next day, no pain, just when I touch them. I am not sure if they will be from any cancer as they swollen and get back in 24 hours. I have to see an ENT specialist. What could that be?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is probably some inflammation of the parotid gland or some sewlling or blockage of the duct leading out of the gland. Although HIV itself may be a cause of inflammation of the parotid, this is not often the only symptom of the infection. This being said, I would encourage you to have an HIV test done if you think there is any chance you may have become infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.