Jul 20, 2007
To the June 19, 2007 question about sulfur allergy. I had a reaction to bactrim years ago--skin turned dark severe itching. The symptoms were reversed once I stopped taking the drug. I've been on Sustiva (400mg) for about 4 years with no problems.
| Response from Dr. Conway
Good. There is no reason to expect any cross-reaction between Sulfa drugs and Sustiva. I would add, parenthetically, that the usual daily dose of Sustiva is 600 mg, so I wonder why you are on an atypical and possibly sub-therapeutic dose of th medication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.