Jul 20, 2007
To the June 19, 2007 question about sulfur allergy. I had a reaction to bactrim years ago--skin turned dark severe itching. The symptoms were reversed once I stopped taking the drug. I've been on Sustiva (400mg) for about 4 years with no problems.
Response from Dr. Conway
Good. There is no reason to expect any cross-reaction between Sulfa drugs and Sustiva. I would add, parenthetically, that the usual daily dose of Sustiva is 600 mg, so I wonder why you are on an atypical and possibly sub-therapeutic dose of th medication.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.