Will intolerance of Atripla mean intolerance to other meds?

I was recently diagnosed HIV+ and began Atripla. I'm bipolar, and I began having serious panic attacks in the night and morning as well as uncontrollable crying and thoughts of suicide. Just when I got that under control, I broke out in a head-to-toe rash. My doctor took me off Atripla, and I go in this week to discuss another med regimen. Since Atripla contains all the meds that I will now be prescribed seperately, does my intolerance of it indicate that I may wind up being intolerant to everything, or at least to all the meds in one of the three classes?

Response from Dr. Conway

Absolutely not. The side effects you describe (neuropsychiatric symptoms and skin rashes) are well identified toxicities of the Sustiva part of the Atripla. They will go away as your drugs are discontinued. You can still take the Truvada (2 nucleoside backbone) part of the Atripla. The key will be to find a good third drug that is not of the same class as Sustiva to add to it. The two most commonly used protease inhibitors in this setting are Reyataz (boosted with Norvir) and Kaletra, and both are quite effective in combination with Truvada. There is much hope for you, my friend, and I encourage you to discuss this with your doctor at your earliest convenience.

bio alcamid
Mac and Cysts