my feet

Hi, I am taking Combivir and Reyataz and a blood pressure med (amlodipine 10mg) and just few days ago my feet start paining me so bad. Two days later, I note my feet are swollen/edematous. Is this because of one of the meds that I am on now or is it something to do with my kidneys or something else? Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

The pain and swelling seemed linked and may relate to the amlodipine you are taking, as calcium channel blockers are well recognized to block the ability of your arteries to contract and thus cause accumulation of fluid in your legs. This is not a side effect of the antiretroviral medications you are taking. This being said, the main things I am concerned about in the setting of edema is some sort of disease of the heart, liver or kidneys. It could also be due to a blockage of the lymphati return from your legs. You should discuss this with your doctor before concluding that the swelling is a side effect of one of your medications.

was on anti depressant(citalopram) for two years and was drinking alcohol in the same two years time, before i got tested. WIll that effect my HIV test result or any other STD test results.
Grape Seed Extract