Skin Lesions

I have developed angry skin lesions- like small burns or acne pimples-on the face under my beard and on my hands(top of) and lesser spots on the neck chest- they ooze white liquid and seem to spread on contact with this liquid.Itchy and with scabs. Help! I am currently taking Nevirapine/Emtriva/Videx/Thyroxine/Depakote/Fluoxetine.

Response from Dr. Conway

Nevirapine can be associated with the development of skin rashes. In their more severe from, they can look a bit like what you describe. They almost always occur in the first 6 weeks of treatment, and beyond this time, they are quite rare. Of your other drugs, the main one that can cause severe rashes is fluoxetine, so you may want to discuss this with your doctor. Of course there are many other possibilities for what is causing the rashes, most of which have nothing to do with your drugs. This is something else for you to discuss with your doctor.

ALLI-for wieght loss
HIV from nurse touching needle disposal receptacle and my sterile gauze