ALLI-for wieght loss

HI-I have high tricyclerides, high cholesterol and belly fat. The new weight loss drug ALLI blocks fat absorption-Would this help lower my tricyclerides-cholesterol-and help me to loose my tummy??

Response from Dr. Conway

I feel quite certain it would not help lose the belly fat unless of course this is due to just being overweight rather than a side effect of HIV or its treatment. Even if this is the case, you will need to take the drug, eat a balanced diet and exercise to maimize any benefit that could occur. As for lowering your blood triglyceride and cholesterol levels, the drug has not been tested as an agent to do this, nor does it claim that it would produce this result. So I would not count on it to do this either.

HIV and Hep B
Skin Lesions