Feb 22, 2000
my friend has pcp does this mean he has aids
| Response from Dr. Boyle
PCP in the AIDS world usually means pneumonia due to Pneumocystis carinii (a germ many of us have in our lungs from childhood). PCP usually occurs in the setting of immune damage, either from chemotherapy or HIV. IF your friend is HIV infected and developed PCP then he would have AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.