|The Doctors on here are not so knowledable in my opinion.
Jul 13, 2007
Any of the people on here, epsecially men who are experiencing what they first think is a hernia, is really Diastasis recti abdominis. It is rectus abdominus muscle separating in the midline at the linea alba producing a "ventral herniation". Most people who get this are Women who have been pregnant, or HIV+ Males with Lypodystrophy to the point their bellies have bloated and caused this. I googled types of hernias, which in turn also added not to be confused with Diastasis recti. I thought i had a hernia, but I realized after rading this and googling more, what it really was. it's painless, but it can cause pain if I bend over say..a fence. It may ot may not be reversible, depending on how bad and certain excercises.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Thanks for posting your experience on this issue. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.