Swollen Lymph Nodes

I have recently been diagnosed HIV+. The reason I originally went to the doctor was for swollen lymph nodes in various parts of my body. I was told not to worry about it too much unless the node became larger, harder, or painful. After reading some other articles posted here, I am unsure I should be "unconcerned". I noticed that NHL is common for HIV+ people. Should I be concerned about this so soon? My viral load is around 8650 and my CD4 count is around 474. I just started combination therapy of Viracept and Combivir. Thank you.

Swollen nodes generally reflect lots of immune system activity. Since HIV concentrates in the lymph nodes swelling is very common and generally not cause for worry. Lymphoma is associated with HIV but we generally see it in persons with much lower CD4 count than yours. Once treatment starts the swelling can either get worse (due to immune system recovery) or get better (due to decrease in immune activation). HIV docs are used to monitoring individual cases to see if anything out of the ordinary is occuring. Only then would I worry any more so I would just make sure that your doc is monitoring that. KH

weakening/ stretching of stomach and abdominal walls
pcp