pain control

Hello; do not know if I am at the right place. I take sustive and epzicom. After cervicaL surgery neuropathy woke up. first in hands. Burning intence. Then to feet. Although I have numbness in several areas pain is chronic with back especially. Take lamiltal and trileptal for neuropathy. other surgeries include bilateral carpal tunnel and 3 surgeries at L4&L5. last surgery was selective due to increased scar tissue. Have sciatica and always pain in nerck area. Blood pressure seems to be up and down. In past have taken everything especially before surgery. Drugs did include oxy-contin high dose. All pain meds have been subscribed. Have never done any street drugs in my life. Seen now by pain clinic and for awhile multiple blocks which did not last long enough and of course hiv Dr and GP stated that need to tell them to stop. Was taking Norvir at time pain Dr decided to give Methadone. By time I arrived to do urine test none showed up and positive for THC. after 2-3 utrine test was threatened by Dr. to be sent to Meth clinic. I then got on internet and had to find the cause due to I was taking drugs and did not use THC in any form. Finally took to him and he finally sort of believed. Placed me on Fentynyl and soma due to muscle pain along with all the other pain I have. Muscle pain started back in 1990 with AZT after about a month. Finally last year had breakout of blisters on body that HIV Dr. thought could be AZT in combivir I had taken for long time. Counts are good load undetectible. Now up to 100 mcg of Fentynyl and seems to be not helping even fron beginning. Decided to use Morphine Sulfate 10mg with reduction of Fentynyl to 75 mcg. Pain is still very real and at times thinnk about just stopping all HIV meds and hoping for a end to all this. I do not know how to speak with nurse paractisioner or Pain Dr. she works with any longer. I need some help out here since Pin Drs. office although very large and lucrative but with abusers due to I continue to ask ? of doyou treat other HIV Patients. Disabled nurse finally due to all this junk. Funny thing is even though I am going to reputable Memphis Tn physicians they are still to this dayscared of the disease. Cannot ever remember any other than HIV Dr. really checking me out. Scared to touch. All billing done from what I say. Hiv Dr. sent me to large Internest office and only took blood pressure of and had to 4 times due to quickness and guess he did not want to touch either. By the way all Drug test have been completely negative for any drugs other than what I take. Blood pressure was 204/102. HCTZ 25 mg given by HIV dr. but did not want to treat and internest even though down some kept me on it with no increase. Have prostitis but over the years since positive no one wants to check. Giving up out here. Even with BP as nurse we were always told to do when pain was in question. Pain Drs. will not even do that. Have been to two other pain clinics since 1990 when testing positive but the cure was only blocks. I understand without really seeing me hard to help. Will say that Neuro surgeon who is ex-military after the cervical surgery came to me and stated in all his career has only requested disability for 1 other patient. For me he was the one that said I could no longer work. A little more MRI's show severe stenosis including osteo and stenosis showing up really high believe if I can remember correctly up at C2 and down. Hard for imiaging due to all teeth are crowns. Tried to at Baptist hospital inject dye for immiging but could not get thru any of the space due to severe calcification. Leaked spinal fuid and just due to all this hype and past meds I was have been prescribed played hell getting pain control which was done by Dr. I worked with at local clinic and next day sent for blood patch. I need help. Can you help me with guideance on internet to find any back up to take to these guys and gals that they may take a look at and help me. I am really tired of being in pain. Pain Dr. now made mentioned before placing me with nurse practisioner that he has concluded I am opiate tolerant. Not seeking here just need if possible something to take to them to maybe help give me relief. Thanks and sory for the book I wrote. James Brawner

It is unlikely that given your complicated history that your current pain is due to Sustiva or the Epzicom. It is important to connect with a good primary care doctor or HIV specialist who can get to know your entire history and get to know you well so that he or she can adovocate on your behalf and help you navigate the often frustrating health care system. KH

Masturbation
Lypodystrophy? Has it started?