Stomach Problems

I have been on meds for a little over a year, I on truvada, sustiva,and I am doing really well for the most part. My CD4 count went from 234 to 643 in a year and my viral load is undetechable and most of my side effects have went away except. I have what I call hot flashes about an hour After i take my meds. I get very hot an sweat. I when I extercise or do activities that cause strenous activity I get this very very bad pain in my stomach right under my belly button. I get flush and hot. it feels like someone is steping on my stomach. Then after a few mins it slowly fades away and then I'm fine. I have told my doctor and they cant find anything. I was wondering if this is a normal side affect of the meds or should I be worried

In some (small minority) patients Sustiva can cause flushing and unusual GI symptoms. The tenofovir in Truvada in a small % of patients can cause a variety of stomach complaints. The only way to pin down if one of the drugs is a cause is to switch off to an alternative drug in a methodical way if no other explanation can be found and the patient considers the symptoms annoying enough to try something different. I assume there is no evidence of gall bladder, pancreatic, H pylori, or other conditions linked to stoa=mach complaints. KH

irs
positive effects of HIV treatment