Jun 24, 2007
Response from Dr. Henry
Both protease inhibitors (PIs) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) have advantages and disadvantages so it often is up to the individual situation. PIs are generally used with ritonavir (boosted) and when used in that manner resistance is much less of a problem but the regimens are generally more complicated with more gut side effects than with NNRTI based regimens. KH
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Acute Infection 5 Days After Exposure
- Blood Got Into Nose HIV Risk
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.