Jun 22, 2007
During the 2 week period of taking 1 200mg tablet of viramune ,increasing to 2x 200mg tablets,can the viral load increase.Just wondering. Thanks for all you great advise.
| Response from Dr. Henry
If there is no pre-existing resistance and the viramune is combined with two other effective medications, then the viral load generally drops dramatically during the first two weeks when the dose is is usually 1/2 that used later. The viral load would not be expected to increase during those first two weeks since the levels of the viramune are generally adequate and the potency is enhanced by the use of the other 2 drugs. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.