Jun 22, 2007
i have been taking atripila for 3 wks now and my feet are constantly swelling with red spots on them. Also, I have raised bumps on my hand and elbow that I have never experienced before. R these side affects of Atripila?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The localized skin abnormalities that you describe would be somewhat unusual to be due directly to one of the components of Atripla. Often immune reconstitution can result in a range of flare-ups of skin conditions. Often localized skin conditions are due to some form omf allergy or contact dermatitis. I would have your HIV specialist or primary care doc look at them. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Giving Handjob
- Protected Anal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Pubic Hair And HIV Testing
- Receiving Oral Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Receptive Anal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Ear Piercing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.