viramune

I have just changed over from efavirenz to viramune after 1 week as the dizzyness and banging into walls in the house was all to much. I have read that if your tcells are to high[ mine being 760] that this can cause problems.I am also taking truvada and viral load is undetectable. Starting viramune at 1 tablet of 200mg for 2 weeks then twice a day.Can you let me know.[male] thanks

There is some concern about increased risk for serious side effects with nevirapine in women with starting CD4 counts > 250 and men with CD4 counts > 400 (particularly in patients co-infected with hepatitis B and/or C) most patients do OK with nevirapine. Careful lab and clinical monitoring is recommended. I am unclear regarding whether the risks of nevirapine based on CD4 counts apply directly to patients already taking another medication and switching due to side effects. KH

Prezista/Darunavir
Gut Concerns Confirmed