skin getting darker

I noticed that my skin is darker around my face, forearm and hands. My numbers are good and Iam on gemfibrozil, viramune, and trizivir. my dermatlogist told me it was the gemfibrozil, my doctor told me it was the trizivir, and he wants to change me to epicom. Can you answer my question and offer me an alternative?

I have seen skin darkening in some patients on AZT (component of Trizivir) particulary in some African American and African patients. Epzicom is the same as Trizivir minus the AZT so that is a reasonable option to consider. I have less experience with gemfibrozil or nevirapine causing skin discoloration. KH

Truth?
options for sulfa allergy