Follow-up on needlestick question
Jun 15, 2007
Hello Dr. Conway,
A few months ago I asked the question about a PCR test 24 days following a needlestick injury to my daughter which came out negative. She has since gotten her 12 week antibody test back which was also negative. Is this a conclusive end to the testing, we would like to put this behind us. Thanks for your time.
Response from Dr. Conway
This is now totally conclusive, and I would say without doubt that she is not infected with HIV, unless she has had another exposure since the needle stick injury occurred.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.