steven Johnson syndrome

Hi there I am starting back on a treatment (after a four-year break) that includes nevirapine.

I had previously started on this medication as part of a combo back in 1999, with no ill effects.

my question relates to the potential of developing Steven-Johnson syndrome if I had previously been on this drug before.

Would my body react differently this time or is it safe to say that I do not have to worry about this sensitivity?

Generally prior tolerance for an extended period of time of a particular drug is predictive of tolerating the drug when used again assuming the drugs were not stopped due to side effects. It would be highly unusual to have a problem with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome with nevirapine when using nevirapine if you did well with it years before. KH

management sjs
Reply to your April 11 solicitation for feedback