Fat developed on liver

I have just come back from having an MRI and was told that my liver has a large buildup of "fat". this is beleived to have been cause by my HIV meds. Is there any kinda of med sor natural vitamins or supplements I may take to counter his affect. I have not spoken to my Doctor yet, this info was given to me by the MRI tech. Thanks

Fatty liver (also called hepatic steatosis) is common in the general population in many western countries. Linkage to specific HIV drugs can be difficult to prove given how common the condition in HIV- persons. Generally, drugs that increase visceral or abdominal fat or cause other metabolic pertubations (such as insulin resistance) may contribute. Hepatitis C and possibly HIV infection itself as well a host of other medical conditions (such as excessive alcohol use or intake of fatty foods, obesity,diabetes, or pregnancy)can contribute to fatty liver. There is no easy treatment in many instances. Switching off fat-associated HIV medications may help (ie off thymidine NRTIs such as D4T or AZT). Diet, exercise, diabetic medications that improve insulin sensitivity/activity many help certain subsets of patients but there is no easy treatment or vitamin supplement that is consistently and quickly effective. For many patients the prognosis seems to be fairly good. KH

viracept replacement
THC testing and Norvir