High Blood Pressure

It is 2 years now since I was diagnosed.I am on treatment on two tablets a day( Triommune 40) But suddenly my blood pressure has shot up to 150 by 100. Is this a side effect?

Sudden increases in blood pressure have not been commonly reported in patients taking Triommune (3TC + D4T + nevirapine). Since hypertension is common in the general population and increases with aging it can be hard to link any drug and blood pressure in the setting of treatment of a particular patient. Checking for kidney or other metabolic problems is recommended. For most patients the HIV medications would be continued while trying to manage the blood presssure with diet, exercise and medications. KH

right meds?
Dying Early, courtesy of the CDC Biostatistians