|AZT and palpitations
Jun 1, 2007
A little boy at our school is on a high dose of AZT and has frightening heart palpitations. Is this a "normal" side effect and is there anything we can do to help him? We let him lie down and rest when this happens.
Response from Dr. Henry
AZT has been occasionally linked to some cardiac problems such as cardiomyopathy which may occur more often in children. I would make sure that the child's HIV provider is aware of the concern. KH
New to Medication Treatment and quite worried
Cialis and ART
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Does Alcohol Kill Hiv In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.