hiv and mrsa
May 30, 2007
i found out i had hiv almost 2 years ago but i'm not as yet having treatment. the thing is, i've recently found out that my mother who is in hospital has caught mrsa. my mother doesn't know i'm hiv positive. i need to visit her and i'm worried about catching it as i've read it can be worse for people with hiv. should i go for a test? i have no open wounds, but should i be concerned?
Response from Dr. Henry
I would aggressively wash hands when visiting her and use gloves when visiting her when necessary. I would also inform your HIV specialist so that he/she can offer proper advice in case any skin problem develops. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.