flushing-no meds??

can this itself be a symptom of HIV alone?? i am not on any meds and i still have redness on my face, chest, back and upper arms. it is not there when i wake up. and there is also a patchy area above my breast that has pimple like eruptions. a dermotologist said it was pokilioderma of civatte-sun damage. my ID says no way, because in the A.M. it is barely red and gets worse upon activity or through the day. according to her it looks like the ARS rash, but i should not be having it this long-at least 10 months since infection.

ARS rashes are generally very fleeting. HIV infection is linked to a wide range of skin conditions (such as seborrhea and eosinophilic folliculitis). Some individulas seem to flush/blush easily (sometimes that runs in families). I haven't noticed much of an increase in flushing in HIV patients on no treatment. Acne rosecea (rosecea) can cause increase flushing. It cause is often unkwown. If any reader knows of a good reference on flushing in the setting of HIV infection please post. KH

Severe PN
hiv and mrsa