Red Skin

My skin is red, particularly on my chest. It acts like a sunburn to the touch where it dispates if pressed.

I am using Kaletra and Truvada for the past yr. I believe the condition is worsening and is due to the meds.

I have seen my specialist and he does not know the cause. Any ideas how I can mitigate this? My iron level is normal.

My specialist has said we could ride this out for another few months and if it does not change try Epzicom and Fosamprenavir.

Whats your thoughts on that regirment and side effects?

My VL has been undectable since being on meds for the past 2 yrs. when I was diagnosed.

Some patients seem to get a flushing effect from ritonavir (a component of Kaletra). A switch to a non-ritonavir containing regimen on a trial basis would be reasonable to consider to determine if indeed ritonavir is linked to the red skin you describe. Atazanvir is another option if you wanted to remain on a protease inhibior without using ritonavir. KH

CANCER?
swollen sore lips