Cialis & ART

I am taking Viramune with Truvada and have had no problems. This morning I took a Cialis pill (20 mg) to enhance sexual activity. This afternoon I noticed my urine was a dark brown but have not noticed anything else unusual. Could the brown urine be related to the Cialis?

There are drug interactions between the some of the HIV medications (mainly the protease inhibitors) and the impotence medications (like Cialis and Viagra) that work through effects on nitrous oxide. Viramune may actually decrease the levels of some of those drugs by speeding up how fast the liver gets rid of the medication in the blood. The dark urine that you observed wouldb most likely not be due to either the Cialis or any interaction between your HIV meds and Cialis. If persistent or other problems develop should discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

RE: "Gut" issues
CANCER?