May 18, 2007
About one week ago I stopped taking Atripla because of insomnia and anxiety. I've switched to Reyataz and Truvada. I'm having a constant headache and stiff neck. Could this be a withdrawal effect of the Sustiva component of Atripla? I read somewhere and also my doctor told me that Sustiva takes a while to leave the system.
Response from Dr. Henry
It can take several weeks for efavirenz to clear from the body. When Reyataz is used with Truvada it is generally recommended to use 100 mg ritonavir as well (ritonavir boosting) since there can be a negative drug interaction between the tenofovir in Truvada and atazanavir. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Best Place For People With HIV To Live
- Does Valtrex Interfere With Hiv Tests?
- HIV Risk Touching Wet Condom Then Touching Cut Penis
- How Rare Is Seroconversion After Three Months?
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.