|The Grape Cure
May 11, 2007
I am thinking of trying the Grape Cure (Johannna brandt) as a detox program for my body. I am taking Atripla. What effect might this Grape juice regimen/fast have on the efficacy of Atripla? Thanks!!!!!
| Response from Dr. Henry
There could be a potential drug interaction between the efavirenz in Atripla and chemicals in grapes (that can inhibit liver enzyme cytochrome p450) so need to discuss with your HIV specialist. I have seen no published data from a study evaluating the safety or benefit of the grape cure in the setting of HIV infection. If any reader is aware of such a reference please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.