The Grape Cure

I am thinking of trying the Grape Cure (Johannna brandt) as a detox program for my body. I am taking Atripla. What effect might this Grape juice regimen/fast have on the efficacy of Atripla? Thanks!!!!!

There could be a potential drug interaction between the efavirenz in Atripla and chemicals in grapes (that can inhibit liver enzyme cytochrome p450) so need to discuss with your HIV specialist. I have seen no published data from a study evaluating the safety or benefit of the grape cure in the setting of HIV infection. If any reader is aware of such a reference please post. KH

Arthritis
Atripla & Sun sensitivity?