May 10, 2007
poz- 1984 numbers ok always been on meds having arm and leg pain can't lift. Dr wants to stop meds is this the right move
Response from Dr. Henry
Treatment interruption can lead to an increase in serious clinical problems (both AIDS and non-AIDS related) so has to be done in a very thoughtful manner. Stopping treatment may be safer in persons who never had a CD4 count < 350 cells/mm3. If there is serious drug toxicity then stopping treatment or often (preferably) switching treatment is considered. I would discuss further with your HIV provider. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.