|Lymph nodes and medications
May 10, 2007
Dear doctor: Is it possible that cervical lymph node swelling due to HIV get considerably smaller after 5 days of treatment with AZT+Lamivudine+Efavirenz in a naive patient? If so...could we consider the treatment is doing pretty well? I hope so!!!
| Response from Dr. Henry
Regression of lymph node swelling can be seen in some individuals after starting effective HIV therapy. In other patients there can be a transient increase in the size of lymph nodes as a manifestation of immune recovery. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.