May 10, 2007
What is Lipo ? I have been on Videx,Zerit and Stocrin for about4 years and i was taken off this regimen and told about this Lipo.
Response from Dr. Henry
Lipo would generally refer to the condition(s) termed lipodystrophy that can involve fat loss (lipoatrophy) or fat gain or mixtures of both. There may be accompanying lipid/glucose abnormalities in the blood as well. Videx + Zerit have been associated particularly with fat loss abnormalities as well as other signs of mitochondrial toxicity such as lactic acidosis. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
- How Long Does It Take To Give Someone An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.