Stocrin and sleepiness

Itake my meds, Stocrin and Truvada in the mornings. I met a friend who said that he was amazed because everyone he knew was told to take Stocrin at night because it makes everyone really drowsy and dopey. I felt drowsy all day today..... Am I ok to take mine in the mornings or should I take them before bed every night?

The majority of patients taking efavirenz (Stocrine or Sustiva or as a component of Atripla) take the medication at night in orer to try and minimize the impact of any efavirenz induced drowsiness/central nervous system side effects. Some patients seem to do better when taking efavirenz in the morning. In your case it may be worthwhile to discuss with your HIV specialist the pros and cons of trying out evening dosing for your medications and observing what happens to your drowsy feeling. KH

Fatigue/Cocktail Change
lipo