Can a tripla cause High blood pressure

Hi I enjoy reading and learning about this disease. As I am newly diagnosed ( 6 mths) I just started Atripla and my blood pressure is Through the roof 180/104 my dR doesnt believe it is from the meds I am also over weight he thinks it is from that I never had blood pressuer this high before I started the medicine and I have to tell you I am frightened by the Levels my blood pressure reaches. What do you think? Thanks

Good question. Hypertension due to any of the components of Atripla has been rarely reported. Many patients gain weight when starting an effective HIV drug combination. Weight gain can aggravate hypertension. I cannot state with any confidence that use of an alternative HIV regimen would predictably reverse the blood pressure problem so I would tend to try to manage the blood pressure with diet, exercise, and BP meds if you are otherwise doing well with Atripla. KH

List of doctors administering New-Fill in NYC?
My right leg is in pain