early conversion frm HIV to AIDS

I have been annually tested for HIV for a number of years. Three years ago the test showed sero-positive. My viral load and CD4 were just beginning to change. Now three years since my early detection, the CD4 level is 225 and my Dr. suggests I start Atripla. There has been no recreational drug use/abuse and almost nil alcohol intake.

Q?:People go years (10+ yrs) before antiviral meds. I am a bit overwhelmed that I need to in three years. How is this possible?

There is a wide range (some rare patients progress within months of infection while others are still doing well after 15-20 years) of progression rates from infection to severe immunosuppression. The differences are due to a number of factors but genetics, immune responses, burden of other infections, type of virus and other others contribute to that variability. KH

smoking
List of doctors administering New-Fill in NYC?