Immune compromised and Yellow Fever

My sister is about to leave the us to work in Africa. She had to get a yellow fever shot and was told by the person administering the shot that she should avoid being around individuals with compromised immune systems. My immune system is comrpomised (HIV+) and our mother is on anticoaglulant meds. Is this true and what is the problem with two individuals described above coming together? My sister leaves on Tuesday, May 2 and we really want to get together prior to her departure.

If you are asympomtatic from the HIV perspective with a decent CD4 count (ie > 200-250) then usually OK to either receive yellow fever vaccination (uses a live attenduated virus)and to be around someone who has been vaccinated. Your mom's use of an anticoagulant should not be a problem whenit comes to that concern. KH

Cause of lesions?
smoking