Cause of lesions?

I am have been HIV positive since 1995. I am presently on Kaletra and Combivir. At times my skin breaks out in lesions in various parts of my body that I treat with Clindamycin Phospate per the instructions of my physician. The lesions are at times small or large. The application of the Clindamycin seems to dry up the lesions. The small lesions are easier to treat and they heal faster than the larger ones. The large lesions are at times painful when they are about to burst and secret blood puss. The lesions leave scars in my skin like a dry wrinkled patch. I have asked my physician what is the cause of the lesions and her response is that she is not sure. I would like to know what causes the lesions? Are there other medications to treat or help prevent the lesions?

Rich

There are a wide variety of skin problems seen in persons with HIV. Some conditions are seen similarly in the general population while others (like eosinophilic folliculitis) seem more common in HIV+ persons. Often seeing a dermatologist with HIV experience can provide helpful advice about improved treatment based in a more specific diagnosis. I can't be any more specific from the description provided. KH

Just starting out.
Immune compromised and Yellow Fever