Norvir/lipo

I'm currently on Viread, Ziagen, Reyataz and Norvir (100 mgs). I've taken both Videx and Zerit in the past (stopped taking both over 2 yrs ago) so I have had some lipo problems. Will the Norvir (100mgs) I'm currently taking continue accelerating the lipo affects? I thought it had leveled out but if I look closely it seems to be continuing. Any recommendations you can make will be very much appreciated.

Response from Dr. Conway

The question you ask has no clear-cut answer. If we are dealing with lipoatrophy, the Norvir has little or no role. This is probably what you mean, as this is what is linked to the "d" drugs most often. For lipoaccumulation, there may be more of a case to be made that the Norvir may be maintaining some sort of effect. It might be interesting for you to consider some sort of backbone (such as abacavir and lamivudine) that may not require the reyataz to be boosted so as to be able to discontinue to Norvir altogether and see what happens.

HIV/itchy skin
worried