Switching from Trizivir/Kaletra to Epzicom/Kaletra

I had been on the first combo for 3+ years but started to noticed real fat loss in buttocks, legs and arms and asked my doc to switch to new combo one month ago.

The fat loss doesn't seem to have abated; it seems to be continuing. I thought changing to Epzicom would hasten any further fat loss. Could Kaletra be the real cause here?

The AZT in Trizivir may be the component most responsible for fat loss. A switch to Epzicom (doesn't contain AZT) may help. It is unclear to me how much Kaletra would then be contributing to fat loss or that there would be any advantage to switching the Kaletra to efavirenz. One recent study suggested that Kaletra may have less fat loss than seen with efavirenz but I remain uncertain about that issue. KH

Lost for words.
Side Effects of Atirpla