|relationship between HIV & Secondhand Smoke
Apr 18, 2007
How does secondhand smoke affect and HIV+ individual?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Good question. I have not seen much on that. Second hand smoke is a risk factor for increased risk for some forms of cancer, lung problems and heart disease. Since those conditions may also be seen in HIV+ persons (perhaps at a higher rate than in the general population) I would guess that the negative health consequences of second hand smoke would be the same or worse in HIV+ persons but I haven't seen a good study on that.If any reader is aware of a reference please post! KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Accurate Are Std Test?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Symptoms Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.