one side effect only

I was diagnosed with hiv one and a half years ago. I also had tb at the time. my t cells were 6 and my viral load was over fivehundred thousand. My Dr. had put me on a therapy of Kaletra and Truvada and of course the tb meds. A year and a half later my tcells have gone up to around 500 and I am undetectable. I feel very good. The only other thing I am taking is multi vitamins and Testosterone. My only bad side effect is that my feet swell from the Kaletra. I have tried many things to stop the swelling. It is more just a bother than a pain. I was wondering if there was anything else to try to get this swelling to subside. thanks for your consideration on answeringthis subject

Swelling of the feet per se would be an unsual Kaletra related problem in the absence of other accompanying conditions. Kidney problems, liver problems, heart problems,low serum protein levels, lymph drainage block due to scarring or other leg/abdominal conditions could cause foot swelling in some patients. If there is no other explanation found after a good evaluation then consideration might be given to systematically switch your HIV meds around (ie Truvada to Epzicom and/or Kaletra to Sustiva or an alternative boosted protease inhibitor). KH

Plate is overflowing
relationship between HIV & Secondhand Smoke