Apr 16, 2007
I started taking Atripla in February 2007 and now my hair is falling out. I would like to know if this is one of the side effects of this medication?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very unusual side effect that has been previously reported with the tenofovir component of the Atripla. I should add that there are many, many causes of hair loss and you should discuss this with your doctor. However, if no cause is identified, you may wish to consider changing your therapy so that you are not taking tenofovir.
- Does Dry Cough Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Groin Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.