lipoatrophy

I have tried to find the most appropriate forum for this question. the lipo forum is now inactive.

years ago I developed lipoatrophy due to meds. for the past three years I have been med free, but feel that the lipoatrophy has gotten worse. is this possible?

That is possible for several reasons. In some patients the loss of fat cells is irreversible so stopping medications doesn't reverse the problem. Persistent HIV infection/replication and immune dysfunction and aging all can impact fat metabolism/recovery so fat loss can be slowed by continuing effective HIV therapy but trying to use drugs that are more fat friendly (less mitochondrial toxicity for example). KH

Efavirenz and insomnia
good combo?