Diarrhea?

Dr. Henry I have beeen AIDS positive since 1995 and currently am on Videx, Kaletra and Fuzreon all of which save the Fuzeon I've already built up partial resistance to. it MAY be the Kaletra as I'm supposed to take it on a full stomach and when i DO the Diarrhea ceases. But was a bit cuirious as to whether I have Colitus or even IBS! My anus is usually sore after a but with the big D!

A significant fraction of patients taking Kaletra experience some stomach/GI problems with diarrhear being the most common. If the problems abates when the Kaletra is taken with food and is worse on an empty stomach that argues fairly strongly that the problem is due to the Kaletra and not to some other GI problem such as colitis or irritable bowel syndrome. Videx can also aggravate stomach problems as well. Calcium supplements, bran or fiber supplements, or drugs like immodium can help some patients manage loose stools due to protease inhibitors. KH

wuolng tea
theoretical concerns