OHL?

Doctor Henry,

Is it possible to have OHL on the floor of the mouth even though the lateral sides of my tongue are normal? I have numerous white ridges which extend from the frenulum of my tongue (where they are narrow) to the floor of my mouth, where they extend horizontally from one side to another which when i run my tongue over it, gives a grid-like sensation. Whatever this is has been apparent for 5 months and seems to follow a cycle - every 20 days or so, the ridges become especially white and rough and peel off as dead skin - i can literally pick them off leaving a smooth surface for 2 or 3 days until the ridges become apparent again.

Would OHL peel off like dead skin in the early stages?

I hope i have addressed my question correctly, there doesn't seem to be a specific forum for my question.

With thanks

Oral hairy leukoplakia generally is located on the sides of the tongue but atypical locations can be seen. Which HIV medications are you taking (this forum is restricted to discussion of the side effects of HIV treatment)?

Loss of appetite
Chaning to Atripla! Curious about Side Effects