ass on fire!

I am on sustivia,ziagen,retinovir, reyataz, crrestor and pheno pibrate and zantac. Lately I get incredable burning poops! After a bowl movement my butt is soooo sore i have to lye down for a while until the pain subsides! It is really bad sometimes. I have missed work over this...as sometimes the pain is all i can handle! Can you give me any idea what would cause this? My Vl is undetectable and my cd4 is 1000. I have been Poz for 14 years. It becomes worse if I drink beer (3-4)...can beer cause that much pain?? Or is it just a trigger...I dread going to the doc again...I have had an exam and everything is soposed to be fine!...go figure! Please help! I cannot afford to miss any more work!!

JB

Certainly for some patients some of your HIV drugs (such as ritonavir) or non HIV drug (such as the fibrate or statin) can aggrevate or trigger loose stools that can result in severe irritation of the anal/rectal tissue. I flex sigmoidoscpy or colonscopy may be warranted to look at the tissue carefull to sort out the type of irritation and location. Many infections and other conditions (such as inflammatory bowel disease, gluten sensitivity) can contribute to chronic anal pain. Beer can trigger loose stools for a variety of reasons including pancreatic or liver irritation. If a drug is a likely factor then a careful plan to try switching or deleting a drug may need to be devised. KH

Atripla (Drug Testing)
Loss of appetite