Atripla (Drug Testing)

Hello, I recently read this in an article online about a possibile side effect "People who take Atripla may falsely test positive for marijuana use. To prove that the results are false, you would have to identify the drug that you are taking. This would mean disclosing that you have HIV infection. Is this true? And if it is, does this mean I have to inform my employer (who does require drug test on occasion) of my status?? Please Help!! This seems scary and a bit unfair Your Immediate Response is Appreciated!!

I often write a non-descript letter for patients stating that Mr/MS X is taking a prescription medication that can cause a false positive test for marijuana/THC and signed by me working out of the "Medicine Clinic" (versus HIV or ID clinic). The patient can either give the letter to their supervisor up front or have it handy if a urine drug test returns positive. KH

Lipodystrophy?
ass on fire!