White blood cell count

Thanks for this great resource. I've been HIV positive for 15 years, with t-cells in the 400-500 range and viral load around 5-15,000 without meds for most of that time. Recently, my t-cell count dropped dramatically to 230, % was 16, with a viral load of 300,000. I'm on viramune and truvada for 3 months now, and now viral load is undetectable, but t-cell % is 20 and # is 233. My whie blood cell count was low, around 2,800 (for the first time in the abnormal range). Will they go up, and can i expect more of a rise in t-cells? I have a persistent seborrhaic dermatitis or some sort of low lying fungal skin infections that causes breakouts on my chest and face that comes and goes and would love it to go away.

I haven't seen much on the use of nevirapine + Truvada regarding effectiveness at raising CD4 counts since that combination has not been widely studied. I see no particular reason why it should have a problem regarding CD4 count increases in general. Increases in CD4 count after starting antiretroviral therapy counts are dependent on a range of factors other than simply decreased HIV levels (such as older age then often don't recover CD4 cells as well, CD4 nadir= lower the CD4 count the less recovery can be expected to reach a level of 500, genetics, concurrent medications, and concurrent medical conditions). Sometimes the CD4 count will increase slowly so patience is sometimes required. KH

Penis Enlargement
Lipodystrophy?