Swollen lymph nodes

I have been positive for over 9 years, viral load undetectable and my helper count over 1400 for all this time. However, I have 2 swollen lymph nodes under my jaw for many years now, and lately they have become painful. I've asked my doctor about them in the past (before they became painful), and he has said to keep an eye on them. Should I just accept for a fact that they will always be there? Are there any other options to have this taken care of? Not only for the pain but also for what it does to my appearance.

Response from Dr. Conway

It may be that the change in symptoms (the development of pain in the area) is signifant and you should talk to your doctor about this. It may be that a biopsy or some other test is needed to find out what this is and to see if any specific treatment is needed for it.

Re What would you do - feedback
Blood Donor ??