I have HIV and have had for about 10 years. In the last year, I have begun to have a FREEZING sensation which started in my feet and over the year has worked up to my waist and less so further up.

The only drug which holds the freezing at bay is Gabapentin 950 mg at this point. This drug only masks the problem and unless I keep the med at the correct times, the sensation returns as if I were not taking anything. I mean FREEZING, not just cold. I actually start shivering, and it feels like my feet is in a bucket of crushed ice.

The skin does not feel cold to the touch.

Any idea on this as several doctors have failed in finding a solution.

Please, please, if you have any info, please advise me.

Thanks George

Besides a neuropathy (Gabapentin is used for that) I would be concerned about cryoglobulinemia or some form of Raynaud's or intermittent claudication among other conditions. KH

dead links on The Body